Effective Date: 13 July 2020 (PCAWv1.0)
We, Prudential Holdings Limited (operating under the Prudential Corporation Asia business name), take the privacy and protection of your personal information seriously and we are the data controller for any data collected in connection with your use of our website (“Site”).
We have set out below information about our processing of your personal information, what rights you have, and how you can get in touch if you want to know more.
When we say personal information, we mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, where an “identifiable natural person” is any person who can be identified, directly or indirectly. We collect personal information from you that is necessary for us to provide you with the service you have requested or to comply with statutory or contractual requirements. Unfortunately, if you are unable to provide certain personal information which is necessary for us to provide our services to you, we will not be able to provide you with those services.
Part A – Personal information we process
- Personal and contact details, such as full name, email and phone number, when you complete the Customer Enquiry Form on the Contact Us section of our Site;
- Records of your contact with us, such as your mobile phone location data, IP address and MAC address, if you get in touch with us online using our online services or via our smartphone app; and
- Analysis of data relating to marketing made to you, including history of communications and whether you open them or click on links.
Part B – Where we get your personal information
We will collect personal information from the following general sources:
- from you directly or when you contact us by other means, for example by email, post or telephone, we may collect the information you provide to us via those other means;
- cookies, location services and IP addresses when you visit our Site or mobile app; and
- questionnaire and contact details when you attend surveys, investor conferences and roadshows or when you complete the Customer Enquiry Form on the Contact Us section of our Site.
Part B.1 – Cookies
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site;
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our Site and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region); and
- Third party cookies. These are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third party cookie. These cookies may be set by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
Part C - How we use your personal information and why
We, including other members of the Prudential Group, and our Business Partners will use the personal information you provide to us, together with other information, for the following purposes:
- complying with any regulatory or legal requirements; and
- the provision of services, such as replying to questions from investors, shareholders, customers or Site visitors or to tell you that something is changing or has changed;
We will only collect your information through cookies when you have provided consent.
Also, we may collate, process and share any statistics based on an aggregation of information held by us provided that no individual will be identified from the resulting analysis and the collation, processing and sharing of such information is permitted by law.
Who we share your personal information with and why
We will share your personal information within the Prudential Group and with our Business Partners for any of the purposes set out in this Part C or in accordance with any consent you have given. Where we are obliged under applicable law or for the purposes of preventing a crime or harm or damage to life or property, we may also share your personal information to any legal, regulatory or government bodies or any law enforcement or financial crime prevention authorities or agencies.
We may process your personal information in a country other than the one you are resident in. To the extent we transfer your personal data, we will use appropriate safeguards and comply with the laws of the country to which your personal information is transferred. Details of the safeguards we use are available on request.
We keep your personal information for a set amount of time
Your personal information will be stored by us for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Part C or longer if required by applicable laws or regulations.
Part D – You’re in control
When it comes to how we use your personal information, you may:
- request a copy of your personal information* (we may charge you for this if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive);
- request that we correct anything that is wrong or complete any incomplete personal information;
- ask us to delete your personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes set out in Part C or if there is no other legal basis for the processing of such information;
- limit how we use your personal information or withdraw your consent you have given for the processing of your personal information; and
- complain to a local data protection authority or an independent regulator about how we are using your personal information,
provided that local laws and regulations provide you with such rights.
If you want to do any of these things, or would like an explanation about these rights, you can get in touch with us via one of the ways set out in the Contact us section below.
If you want to exercise any of your rights in Part D or if you require any information about any other part of this Privacy Notice, you can contact us via one of the following ways:
Write to us at:
Data Privacy Officer
Prudential Holdings Limited
13th Floor, One International Finance Centre
1 Harbour View Street, Central, Hong Kong
Email us at:
Prudential Group means Prudential plc, Prudential Holdings Limited and any other affiliates of Prudential plc. Prudential plc is not affiliated in any manner with Prudential Financial, Inc., a company whose principal place of business is in the United States of America, or with the Prudential Assurance Company, a subsidiary of M&G plc, a company incorporated in the United Kingdom.
Business Partners means our business partners, service providers, advisers, agents and trustees and any other third parties which provide services or products to us or which we have engaged to act on our behalf.
* We will provide any personal information that we hold about you electronically (not paper records) and only that which you have provided to us – we will not provide the results of any processing carried out on such information.